[3830] NA Sprint CW K4TD HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Sep 9 01:03:56 EDT 2012

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: K4TD
Operator(s): K4TD
Station: K4TD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: AL

   80:   89    1:20
   40:  103    1:20
   20:  103    1:20
---------------------

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Team: Southeast Sprint Coalition 1

Comments:

Now that was fun!!!  First, thanks for all the QSO's.  This was the third Sprint
I've ever operated...  (I've also operated in three individual Thursday night
Ladder events).  I enjoyed tonight very much.  Many excellent operators in this
one.  Worked lots of guys on 3 bands.  I was asked for only a few repeats, which
was surprising especially on 80...

I'm surprised my time on each band worked out so evenly distributed.  That was
not planned.  20 started out good, which is quite rare from here for domestic
events.  40 was quiet with lots of big signals so it was fun.  I was dreading
80, which probably explains why I was so late getting to it.  I had massive
station damage from a "finger of God" lightening strike last Sunday.  Been busy
trying to get stuff back on the air...  I knew going in that 80 was going to be
a problem for me.  My main 80 meter antenna is off the tower so I had to use an
inverted vee at 70 feet as a substitute.  It didn't work very well, but it
seemed to have worked just well enough.  Also my RX four-square for 80 is down
from the lightening damage.  So 80 was a bit painful here to say the least...

I've never had much interest in this contest, but I'm starting to warm up to
the Sprint and the Sprint Ladder.  I'll keep plugging away and see how it
goes...  Thanks for putting up with my inexperience.

73,

Rick
K4TD