[3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad F/W1NN LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu May 23 23:27:23 EDT 2013

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - May 24

Call: F/W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: F/W1NN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: France

   80:   2     2
   40:   5     4
Total:   7     6  Total Score = 42

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Bonjour/Bonsoir!

Well, that was interesting.  Pretty frustrating to be so weak, but fun trying
to get through the W wall.  I had to get up at 4:20 AM local but I am still not
quite adjusted to European time so it was not a big sacrifice this week, but I
don't know if I'll do it again for the next three weeks that I'll be here.

20 was a complete bust.  I could hear lots of stations but everyone was about
S1 (this QTH is in the middle of nowhere and very quiet) but it was an exercise
in futility to even try, although I did try.  Surprisingly, KU8E was the
strongest station on 20, but I couldn't get through his pileup.  N3QE came back
once to NN? but someone else got the Q.

40 was the money band, so to speak.  I caught PJ4/K4BAI calling CQ before the
hoards made the QSY for my first QSO at 0237z (thanks John).  Tim easily heard
me on 40 for my second Q and at 0248 and 0250 I was able to make the MA
stations (FJ and UJ) hear me.  They were both pretty loud.  KU5B was the last
40 Q at 53.  I didn't hold out much hope for 80 but once again Tim easily
picked my call out and gave me my only two-bander.  Thanks, Tim!  Finally,
after repeating my call about 10 times, my Ohio neighbor KW8N figured out where
I was and went into the log just before the end.  Thanks Bob!

I had to enter "Atlantic" as there is no "DX" location
available in the 3830 form.

I hope to see everyone in WPX!

Au revoir!

Hal F/W1NN