[AMPS] Alpha Test 3cx800's

Sun, 20 Apr 1997 11:46:24 EDT

On Sat, 19 Apr 1997 19:38:11 -0500 (CDT) Robert <w5robert@blkbox.COM>
writes:

>Amp was wired for 120VAC.  Well the 2500 transformer is proably around
>a 800 watt rating on the HV winding CCS?

That PS will handle 1500W out easily on SSB/CW when on a 240V line
Robert. Before you really start to lean on it check all the filter caps
for no more than a 5% difference in voltage drop among them all. Prior to
that make sure those 100K 2W Carbon equalizing resistors are still within
tolerance.

You're going to have to keep a close watch on the drive so you dont fry
the PS; 50-60W should give you 1500W with ease.  It will also preserve
the Pi-Net Q values.

Are you still using the original input ckt?  What is the input VSWR on
all bands?

GL...Carl  KM1H

 so this will never be a