[AMPS] LK-800

km1h @ juno.com km1h@juno.com
Mon, 08 Dec 1997 09:43:07 EST

On Sun, 07 Dec 1997 21:10:18 -0500 dtrbizan@netcom.ca writes:
>Season Greetings,
>       I was hoping that some of you could tell me a little more about
>this amp other than the fact that it runs 3x3CX800's. Are these a good
>amplifier? What is the typical expected output? and what is the
>current
>market price. I know that Amp-Supply is no longer in business.
>       The reason I ask these questions is that I am currently
>offering
>my Collins 30S1 for sale and pending its sale I wish to purchase a
>legal
>limit amplifier. I am trying to get the most for my money and expect
>the
>used market to be my best bet.
>
>    Thank you  VE3DXV.....

Good is a relative term.
The LK-800 requires some TLC for long term reliability.
The PS is excellent .
The RF deck is marginal in a few areas and could use some mods. It does
however use a vacuum relay for the output.
Power out is ~ 2500W with 80- 100W of drive.
Replacement parts are readily available.
Current prices are ~ $2500-3000; look for the latest  A model or the
later C model.

GL   Carl   KM1H