[AMPS] Kenwood TS450 & SB-200??

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Fri, 14 Aug 98 14:02:27 -0800

>At 12:38 PM 8/14/98 -0800, you wrote:
>
>>same V, less I in the 220.
>>
>>>If so, then the TL-922 switching connection on the 450 definitely
>>>won't work.  Both the voltage and the current will be well out of spec.
>>>
>>use the npn switch circuit in The TS-440S circuit improvements article on
>>my web site.
>
>Then don't you think you should correct your posting to the reflector, Rich?

Yes.  If the TS-450 does not have an amplifier control relay, like the
TS-440, it Very "probably" can Not.  The fix is to convert to positive
relay control voltage, like the SB-220, and install high speed switching
to make the old amplifier compatible with newer transceivers.  .

>Tom tells me he's already ordered Harbach's soft-key module, so that
>problem is taken care of.

This does not take care of the hotswitching problem.

>It'd be a shame if others ran into it, though,
>and concluded it was OK to wire direct to the transistor switch in the
>TS-450.

True, Pete.  Hopefully, they would read the instruction manual first.
Sorry, folks.

Rich...