[AMPS] one-upmanship

Conrad Farlow conrad.farlow@virgin.net
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 01:51:09 +0100

km1h@juno.com wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Oct 1998 09:54:09 -0800 Rich Measures <measures@vc.net>
> writes:

> >this
> >are

> Seems to be another attempt at PC IMO. There are enough attempts on
> individual freedoms and expression without it here also.
> Keep it clean and let it all hang out.

> >power
> >are
> >in

> >>Hi Rich and Conrad
> >>
> >>Yes there is a considerable amount of One-upmanship on this list.
> >Some of
> >>it productive, while much of it destructive. What is NOT called for
> >is
> >>personal attack.
> >
> >-  I draw one line at fabrication of "information".   For instance,
> >during the grate parasitic suppressor debate, one of the combatants
> >tried
> >it and got caught red-handed.  I draw another line at double-speak.
> >Saying one thing in a public debate and a very different thing in
> >private
> >e-mail pisseth me off in no small amount.
>
> Amen Rich.  I enjoy our occassional bitching but it always is courteous
> and often productive !
>
> What several of the reflector police fail to realize is that sometimes a
> posting is due to a personal vendetta that had nothing to do with this
> reflector....such is the case with a post by one individual.  I just
> considered the source and chose to ignore it.
>
> 73  Carl   KM1H

> or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]
>
> --

My God did no one even bother to read the smiley?The thing is the two
main protagonists are the very two who defended this "debating?" the
most.Of course an amplifier is a complex beast that is unquestionable
and without differing opinions there would be no advancement. This is
probably a pointless thread,I just had to let it all hang out!
I don't suppose that it will make any difference though.I am genuinely
sorry if I've insulted any of your sensibilities and I did not intend to
be any kind of policeman but I did have a side bet with someone about
the reaction!Thanks for the ride and now back to the technical debate...

Very :) :)

73 de Conrad G0RUZ