[AMPS] AL-82

Mike Michon michon@eatel.net
Sat, 16 Jan 1999 22:44:19 -0800

Replaced the diode on circuit board, it was on schematic, and was bad.
Replaced with a IN4141 because that was all I had. No difference in the
wild red glowing of plates.

Checked zener diodes in center tap of filament transformer.  Red lead of
meter to threaded post of zener diode #1 .559 mega ohms.  Reversing leads
1.35 mega ohms.

Zener #2 red lead of VOM to threaded post 1.4 mega ohms.  Reverersing
leads, 14.1 mega ohms.

Running amp with zeners disconnected, still big red glow and 300 ma on
plate current meter.

Also, the grid current meter is reading backwards, ie, pegging in the left
hand direction, or below zero.

Our brains are mush and we are going to bed.

Thanks for your reply.

Mike Michon
AB5XP