[AMPS] Fw: Big tubes w/ handles

km1h@juno.com km1h@juno.com
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 14:18:31 -0500

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999 09:29:18 -0800 "W6NQ" <w6nq@rfparts.com> writes:

>-
>Re: 4CX5000A amp, etc.
>This reminds me of when I rebuilt my '78 Chev truck with a bored
>out 454, cam, headwork, headers, dual quads, etc.  Just drove it
>on the street for fun.  (Maybe once in a while I opened it up for
>kicks.)
>Actually, the added HP didn't change my driving habits much.
>My friends and neighbors didn't criticize my building up of the rod.
>
>Is there some similarity?  (Are we getting into a "holier then thou"
>mindset?)  Lets discuss the technical things and let it go at that.
>That's my 2-bits less change.
>-- Merit  W6NQ

Good analogy Merit. I dont own any amps that will do over 1800W but I
have built and owned some rather wild street machines. (  A  350ci 350hp
63 Jaguar sedan conversion was clocked by the cops at 140 from reports I
heard later)

My original reply to Murphy was just via a feeling that he was getting in
way over his head if he didnt even understand some simple basics.

It all went down hill from there and I'll take the heat for my part.

Now, can I bend over, face East and do my Mea Culpa's ??

73  Carl  KM1H

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]