[AMPS] Bandwidth

Phil T. (VE3OZZ) phil@vaxxine.com
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 17:23:55

Bill Gates started using the 'bandwidth' term back in the 70's to describe
the breadth of a person's intelligence.  He tended to be critical of
employees or associates that couldn't understand and grasp things as
quickly as he could (ie."' that guy's bandwidth is limited ").  Of course
Bill knows exactly what bandwidth is.  But his worshipers mimicked him and
now the term is used all over - quite likely by people that haven't a clue
what it really means.  Bill also used the term "cool" alot as an expression
of approval or exclamation or whatever.  Now everyone uses "cool"

Phil T