[AMPS] L4B power supply

km1h@juno.com km1h@juno.com
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 02:14:39 -0500

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999 10:45:51 -0800 Rich Measures <measures@vc.net>
writes:

>>I have a L4B power supply what is basically new and has not been used
>for
>>many, many years.
>>I have not turned it on yet and I would like to ask the group how to
>tackle
>>this one.
>>Thanks Will,  K6NDV
>>
>€  Will --  >20 yr. old electrolytics tend to loose C.  I would
>inspect
>the pressure vents on the caps (white feculence =s replace all),
>measure
>each cap's C, measure the R of each cap. equalizer resistor, and start
>
>off on the low V/CW tap.  If needed,  Digikey sells
>Panasonic/Matsushita
>105 deg C 470uF, 450wv electrolytics.  They are not an exact cosmetic
>bolt-in  replacement for the orig. 85 deg. C capacitors, however, they
>
>undoubtedly are electrically superior.  .  .  Mounting with rtv
>silicone
>rubber sealant puts minimal stress on the case.
>

>Rich...
>
>R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K, www.vcnet.com/measures

Similar rated caps made by CDE in the USA are available for less cost at
Mouser. Look for the 381LX series. They also carry a full line of power
resistors including 3 and 5W Metal Oxide.
1-800-346-6873 for a free catalog

NO minimum order and only ACTUAL shipping charges. Three regional
warehouses.

73  Carl  KM1H  Just a VERY satisfied Mouser customer
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]