[AMPS] Aluminum sheet

Strohm, Jim jstrohm@cp.varco.com
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 16:04:14 -0600

I've sometimes found inexpensive aluminum cookie sheets at the grocery
store.

How's your scrounging?  I've sometimes found pieces of techno-junk that had
large pieces of sheet aluminum attached as shielding.  Alternatively, can
you use steel?  I know it won't match, it rusts, it can be harder to
fabricate,
but it works OK for shielding.  And you should be able to get roof flashing
at the corner Ace hardware store in the right width.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: John / NS1Z [mailto:ns1z@agate.net]
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 1999 1:25 PM
To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [AMPS] Aluminum sheet

Looking for sources of aluminum sheet for the cabinet of my HB 6 meter amp.
Aubuchon and Ace hardware stores (in my area) do not have anything. Any
suggestions on a source? Largest piece would be 17X12"

I am sorry I have nothing to add on license requirements which hasn't been
better said by others...

          John Wilcox  NS1Z
               FN44rn
           ns1z@agate.net