[AMPS] Aluminum sheet

W7CW Jay E Ostrem wc7m@vcn.com
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 01:16:21 +0000

Hi John,  Go to your local sign shops or local gov't shops that deal with
signs.  You can finnagle new blanks or used signs.  My amp is made of
detour signs.  The finish can be removed with zip strip, a razor blade, and
then some sanding to pretty it up.  Personally I would get the unused
blanks next time. HI

73 Jay W7CW

 t 09:24 PM 1/27/99 +0000, John / NS1Z wrote:

>Looking for sources of aluminum sheet for the cabinet of my HB 6 meter amp.
>Aubuchon and Ace hardware stores (in my area) do not have anything. Any
>suggestions on a source? Largest piece would be 17X12"
>
>I am sorry I have nothing to add on license requirements which hasn't been
>better said by others...
>
>          John Wilcox  NS1Z
>               FN44rn
>           ns1z@agate.net