[AMPS] ARRL and QST

km1h@juno.com km1h@juno.com
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 15:37:11 -0500

On Thu, 28 Jan 1999 09:52:27 -0000 Peter Chadwick
<Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com> writes:

>Jon says:
>
>>Gee, doing
>>circuit analysis by hand is archaic and can be done much more
>>efficiently.  There are computer programs that can do it all much
>easier.
>> No one does circuit analysis by hand these days it's all done on
>>computers.
>

>And unfortunately, it gets done wrong. Not because the computer is
>wrong,
>but the model is. Then the guy doing the job doesn't recognise the
>fact,
>because he doesn't think it through, and check the answers by means of
>rough calculation.
>
>A very profound statement was made an international standards
>meeting:
>
>"Simulation is like masturbation: the more of it you do, the more you
>prefer
>it to the real thing."
>
>Regrettably, there's too much design done that way now.
>
>73
>
>Peter G3RZP

And do we ever see that at microwave Peter. I know that whenever I get a
totally CAD designed prototype I'm in for big trouble. However the
engineers that have a bit more experience and gray matter are a delight
to work with.
The 30 Something generation are a nightmare at my company.

73   Carl   KM1H

>--

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]