[AMPS] Bias for SB-220

Peter Chadwick Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 15:19:41 +0100

Tom says:

>Bunk. The claims that all kinds of splatter is produced are
>nonsense, mostly based on not understanding the effects of IMD.

Sorry Tom, you're missing the point. My statement is that if you have a
signal
 going into the PA and you switch the bias sharply, (we are assuming from
cut
off, by the way), then you'll effectively pulse modulate it, giving a sinx/x

spectrum. On CW, we call this 'key clicks'.

Now you're saying that there are better ways to implement electronic bias
switching than switching to cut off. That is a different argument.

73

Peter G3RZP