[AMPS] Copper tube - semi-rigid

Mark Marsden MM@plextek.co.uk
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 17:11:57 +0100

Can anyone please help me find copper tube for a pi-tank
coil for a 160 thru 10m 4CX1000A amp?

8mm O.D. is easily obtained but I need 4 or 5mm
OD, and a continuous piece about 5m (16ft) long.

Alternatively I'm considering winding a coil out of
Quickform 141, a semi-rigid cable similar to RG402,
it's available in 5m lengths - which RG402 isn't.

I plan to feed B+ though the inner core (from the 50 Ohm
end, to simplify the RFC requirements) using coax or
feeding a silicone rubber sleeved wire through tubing

Any comments?

Mark, G4AXX, M4R Granta Contest Group