[AMPS] 811H's on CB

Wt8r@aol.com Wt8r@aol.com
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 21:04:18 EDT

In a message dated 8/29/00 8:43:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, wy6k@yahoo.com
writes:

>  You understate the interference problem.
>
>  Here in Northern California the lower 25Khz of
>  10meters is filled with CBers on AM and SSB.  There
>  have two instances in the last week where I was unable
>  to work two Dxpeditions with weak signals because of
>  this interference.
>
>  My solution will be to put my 10 meter yagi back up -
>  I've been using a ground plane.
>
>  I would be interested in the justifcation if your
>  statement that amps are operated more skillfully by
>  CBers than by Hams.
>
>  Mike wy6k
>  --- Eric Dobrowansky <kk2ed@adelphia.net> wrote:
>  >
>  > Flame suit on........ (I DO NOT promote such
>  > activity, but I am also not
>  > blind to the real world!)
>
>  > The CBers that are buying these high-price "ham"
>  > amplifiers are operating
>  > them with more skill than the average ham, stay
>  > within the so-called
>  > "freeband (26-28MHz), and know where/how to operate
>  > without attracting
>  > unnecessary attention (i.e.: 28.0-29.7 MHz, 24.5
>  > MHz). Some are hams
>  > themselves. Some have even been unfortunate enough
>  > to get caught up in it
>  > (look at the recent FCC enforcement logs)

What a bunch of COD SWALLOP...to hear you tell it, CB'ers know everything and
Hams know nothing.  My guess is that most CB'ers have trouble telling their
right hand from their left.
>  >
>  > BTW, I'd rather have them using the cleaner
>  > ham-grade amplifiers rather than
>  > some of the gray-market wideband and dirty solid
>  > state transistor boxes that
>  > are readily available to them.
>  >
Yeah, and I'd rather have my children shooting up dope with CLEAN needles
supplied by the government than using dirty needles which might hurt them.Boy
am I a MORON.

This crap about 75 meters and the CB band is just a bunch of marijuana smoke.

Dave, WT8R