[AMPS] CBers

Jeff Wolf da_kang@hotmail.com
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 17:24:25 GMT

>Most use simple voice inversion, and I would venture to guess it is >>the
>Palomar VC100 in use.
>>However, you now advocate jamming?

>I know this is in conflict with the "freebanders code of radio ethics",
>but a licensed transmission takes priority over one with no legal
>right or legitimate reason to use a frequency. However, thanks for
>all your valuable technical contributions.
>73, Tom W8JI
>w8ji@contesting.com

There is no code of ethics.

This is a simple case of a respected manufacturer, amplifier expert,
published author, licensed US Amateur operator, and member of the amps
reflector telling people in a worldwide forum he advocates jamming.  Put
simple enough, eh?

Yes, lets get back to technical debates, not debates based on
technicalities.

It boils down to this:  Most all of the people here who have spent the last
week bashing CBers, if approached by an admitted CBer to be elmered, would
respond with distaste.

I wonder why the amateur bands have gone to pot.

People here complain about the CB crowd that has "migrated" to the amateur
bands.  Take a good look at the calls in use on 75, then look them up and
see how long they have had their "tickets".  You will find that most of them
are pre-no-code.  The 2 meter problem?  Well, the CBers that migrated sure
did compound the problem, no doubt about that, but the problem was created
long before the CBers got no-code.  The CBers just give the amateur
community in the US a good scapegoat..  "All our problems came about because
of no-code.."

This is a subject that people are going to have to agree to disagree on.  I
have my views, they are shared by some, others have theirs...

Toll Free