[AMPS] A Question re Power Levels

Phil Clements philk5pc@tyler.net
Sun, 8 Oct 2000 14:18:11 -0500

> If I operate my amplifier at it's rated maximum power input of  4 KW (into a
> dummy load), and the (hypothetical values) plate impedance is 2000 ohms and a
> Q of 12.  The tuning capacitance is 45pF and the fixed inductance value for
> that band is 4.5uH.
>
> If I reduce the Ep to 3000 volts and adjust the loading, etc. until the anode
> current gives me a plate impedance, again, of 2000 ohms, will the tune
> capacitor (again) resonate at 45pF?   If the tune capacitor value is
> different, what factors will affect the difference?
>
> Thank you for your input on this subject.
>
> Dave, WT8R
Hi Dave, and all!

The values in a tank circuit are adjusted for desired anode Z , load Z, and Q.
It matters not what the voltages and currents are on the anode to arrive at the
anode Z value. The tank components are still transforming 2000 ohms to 50 ohms
The tune C will not know the difference, IMO. All factors affecting tank component
values remain the same in your example.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC