[AMPS] From: "Joao Lopes" <cunhalopes@mail.telepac.pt>

Will k6ndv@contesting.com
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 20:00:55 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-amps@contesting.com [mailto:owner-amps@contesting.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2000 7:04 PM
To: amps-approval@contesting.com
Subject: BOUNCE amps@contesting.com : Non-member submission from ["Joao
Lopes" <cunhalopes@mail.telepac.pt>]

>From k6ndv@contesting.com Wed Sep 13 22:03:29 2000

		REPLY to: "Joao Lopes" <cunhalopes@mail.telepac.pt>

Hi all.
My TL-922A suffered a rough ride and at the end of the journey it needs some
new parts.
3 parts are needed:

1. A new fan.
2. The Die Cast Frame on the left side of the amplifier.
3. The 8 Pin Terminal Strip on the back of the amp.

These parts are needed because:

1. To many miles on the fan. The blades look terrible.
2. The Left Die Cast Frame is broken in a place that causes the amplifier to
be unable to stand properly. It's broken where the front left feet should
fit.
3. The 8 Pin Terminal Strip is broken.

I need part numbers for this material and I am really confused.
The fan is easy: D19-0401-05 (from the service manual) and I have a
confirmation from a local Kenwood dealer.

The Die Cast Frame is impossible to confirm. So far I have 3 guesses. The
service manual says A13-0605-05. On the other side the part has the
following number engraved on the inside: A13-0606-5 (I can prove that
because I took a digital picture). And now I asked Kenwood USA about this,
and after asking again, they say: "The actual correct part number for the
Metallic Left side of the Kenwood TL-922 is A13-0622-05".
Take your pick. Any help?

Now, the 8 Pin Terminal Strip seems to be (from the service manual):
E20-0881-05.

I also would like to replace the bottom metal cover, but I can't even find a
part number!

Any help is welcome.

BTW, the TL-922 Service Manual does exist. I have one on my hand.
73s.

John, CT2HME

PS: Hello Richard. I just want to say *thank you* again for the offer you
made me a while back. I placed it to good use. You were very kind and I
won't forget it. If you happen to visit please let me know.
And... it seems that I finally got my TL-922A... or what's left of it. :-)
I'll be ordering a kit for the 922A. Until them best wishes for you and your
family.