[AMPS] Pin Diode Information

skipp isaham nospam4me@juno.com
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 09:25:44 -0800

Terry,
-
I don't have Alpha specific information, but I do have a
moderate file of stuff related to HF&VHF amplifiers
and pin diode switching...
-
I have the Heathkit SB-1000 pin diode board up on
the http://sonic.ucdavis.edu  server.
-
I have copies of the large HF amplifier pin diode
project which appeared in HR Mag (RIP) and have
one of the working QSK-1500 units made in Ohio.
The HR article is by/from the people behind the QSK
unit.
-
I have some HP pin diode information and some
of my own lower power conversion information from
circuits I have worked with.
-
I have a pin diode conversion article for a 10 watt
223Mhz radio. I have misc pin diode conversion
information as copied and stuffed in the file.
-
Copies of the above can be had for free to patient
and interested people.
-
For sequencing, the problem is easy.  The ARRL
Handbook from years ago has a Satellite Preamp
Sequencer which works very well, has multiple
output logic and is easily tweaked for special
needs.
The best part of the ARRL Board is that one can
purchase new bare circuit boards of said from
FAR Circuits in any quantity, cheap. Check their
web site for details on the board purchase.
-
In regards to the measured speed of a RJ1A or
HC1.  I had reason the measure a few in various
circuits which include designs similar to the
speed up circuit in/on Rich's web site.
-
The most rapid bounce free relay switching speed
I was able to obtain was in a range of 3.5 to 5mS.
Connections were made at 2mS with much contact
bounce. I would not trust a completed connection
in less than 4mS in the (quantity 8)  CA relays I
have here.
-
I believe vacuum relays are obviously much better
than original relays and very fast. The HF Pulse
Switching circuit I tested the relays for was
completed with New Generation APT parts.
-
cheers
skipp
-