[AMPS] tech editor

2 2@vc.net
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 10:55:44 -0700

>re:  HR & 73 Mag
>-
>re: HR's lack of a technical editor...
>Might have been more productive in the long run. The
>ARRL does have a Technical Editor and look what
>happened in your case, Rich...

/\  When I began writing for *QST* (Oct., 1988), the magazine had a
Technical Editor.
When the schism occurred in Sept., 1994, the magazine had no Tech.
Editor.
>-
>73 Mag is alive and about the same.  They had a
>booth at Dayton where $20 brought a year subscription
>to the door, so I went for it and have received two
>issues since Dayton.

/\  So when is your radio station gonna be Cold Fusion powered?
>-
>73 was often a rehash of the same 25 simple
>projects... how many times can one build a J-Pole
>for 2 meters.   Wayne is still writing 5 page intros
>about getting young people interested in ham
>radio.
>-
>They do mention a serious desire and solicit for
>technical articles, throwing out the cash "bone" to
>entice authors... but it's really not much money.
>-
/\  Wayne Green did not get to be burdened with wealth by freely spending
his Green-stuff.

>I think authors often end up working for less than
>California min wage (about $6 an hour) when it
>all comes out.

/\  Readable authors very seldom work for peanuts.
>-
Cheers, Skipp
>-
>-
>: From: 2 <2@vc.net>
>
>>HR was the best thing going and still holds it own
>>skipp
>
>: /\  The problem with writing post-Jim Fisk articles for HR was that they
>: had no technical editor.  Thus, writers had deal with an editor that was
>: hardly an electronics maven
>: cheers, Skipp

-  R. L. Measures, 805.386.3734,AG6K, www.vcnet.com/measures.
end