[Amps] al-1200 question

Steve Katz stevek@jmr.com
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 13:01:33 -0800

To be legit, you'll only pick up 3dB, so not sure if this is going to be
exactly the pileup buster you had hoped.  Actually, the 1000MP runs >100W
output, anyway, especially on CW where you don't have to worry about
splatter and distortion created when it's cranked up (as is the problem with
SSB).  Every MP I've ever used will hit 150W output.  If yours will, too,
then you're really talking about a miniscule increase in power on 30m.

But to address the original question: The AL1200 will definitely work on
30m.  Use the 20m bandswitch position and the autotuner in the MP, and
you're there.  Of course, to remain legal you'll have to crank the power of
the MP quite far down...like to 20W or so.

WB2WIK/6

"Each success only buys an admission ticket to a more difficult problem." --
Henry Kissinger