[Amps] Question about ampifiers

Carlos Augusto S. Pereira carlos.augusto at superig.com.br
Sun Apr 13 01:09:08 EDT 2003

Dear friends,

I have three amplifiers a Heathkit SB-220, a Heathkit SB-200 and an Ameritron AL80B. In my shack (an apartment) I have two voltages 120 and 220 (not 240). The AL80B has the 220v option but the Heathkits just work with 240v. There is a drop in the line voltage and my amplifiers are not working at their full potential.

My question is: The Heathkit amplifiers will work fine with 220v or I should expect low power output? Has anyone experienced the same situation.

73 Carlos

ps. My building has three phases, that is the reason I have 220v and not 240v.

Carlos Augusto S. Pereita PY4RO
www.qsl.net/py4ro
E-mail: py4ro at superig.com.br