[Amps] 4-250A and interesting socket information.

Bill Fuqua wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Wed Aug 25 12:11:24 EDT 2004

For one thing the transmitters that used these tubes were mostly used in
fixed communications sites.
Or in Shelters that were placed at some location and did not move often.
250th tubes were shipped in containers that had springs suspending them
with in a frame.
Some tubes were shipped in containers using a frame made of card board or
wood and the tubes were
suspended by fabric straps.

While these more or less stationary transmitters may have used  vertically
mounted 250th, 100th, 4-400A and such the mobile transmitters used 211,
813, 811, 807/1625 or 4X150 tubes which can take the vibration and operate in
other positions other than vertical.

73
Bill wa4lav