[Amps] A 3-500Z question...

Kim Elmore Kim.Elmore at noaa.gov
Wed Sep 1 16:52:42 EDT 2004

While idly thinking the other day, I began to wonder why no one builds
grid-drive 3-500Z amps. I know the tube was designed for GG service, but
that doesn't preclude grid-drive service.  Eimac even specs grid-drive
service on the data sheet. Is neutralization a big pain for them?  Or, is
the result not worth the effort given the variety of high-quality tetrodes
available?

Kim Elmore, N5OP
                           Kim Elmore, Ph.D.
                        University of Oklahoma
         Cooperative Institute for Mesoscale Meteorological Studies
"All of weather is divided into three parts: Yes, No, and Maybe. The
greatest of these is Maybe" The original Latin appears to be garbled.