[Amps] a 'circuits' question

Dan Sawyer dansawyer at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 8 09:44:21 EDT 2004

This is a circuits question from a 575 curve tracer being used to match
MOSFETs for an HF amp so it is a least close to topic. The problem is
the difference in granularity between the 'steps' circuit and the 'zero'
adjust circuit. The bias of the power MOSFETs is high enough so that
only higher numbered steps get displayed the granularity per step is too
high. The result is only 2 steps per trace get displayed.

The circuit that produces this is a voltage adder with the steps input
coming through a 90K Ohm resister and the bias coming through a 600K
ohm. My question is can I substitute a smaller resister for the bias? I
was thinking of 150K ohm. This would effectively increase the bias to
the point where it was turning on the MOSFET and the steps drive could
be reduced to a low enough value where multiple steps were observed.

Is this a feasible modification??

Thanks,
Dan