[Amps] 10 DB increase

R.Measures r at somis.org
Sun Feb 6 05:12:05 EST 2005

On Feb 5, 2005, at 7:19 PM, Radioal wrote:

> I am not questioning the fact that this was measured - only the basis
> for believing that what was measured had no other explanation than to
> disprove physical law.  I suggest that something else may be at work
> here to skew the measurements.  The challenge is to find the reason
> for it, not believe blindly in it.

I was probably the last one to believe the measurements because I was
not on the Rx-end of things until after I sold the PB1 amplifier.
However, the accuracy of such measurements is not in doubt since I used
a NBS-traceable HP 355 attenuator set to make them.  If blindly
believing in the NBS is stupid, then I plead guilty.  For what it's
worth, most of the free-3db encounters occurred on 40m and 80m in the
early morning as the D-layer was building.
- cheerz