[Amps] Ferrite-loaded plate choke

wc6w at juno.com wc6w at juno.com
Tue Jan 11 11:53:39 EST 2005

Hi Peter,
  QSL.

  Your method requires much higher (2X plate V plus margin) voltage ratings on the vacuum caps plus a larger than typical blocking cap.  The concentric coil trick employs caps with "normal" ratings.

  I just looked at the coil(s) you mentioned on E-Bay.  Looks like as though there were two of the Harris coils up last week.  Studying the photos, it appears that one of them may have had the magic wire removed.  Those are a bit on the large side for for my tastes!  :-)

  It didn't seem feasible to incorporate the "extra" wire into rotary coils with mere 2KW proportions, which is why I'm using fixed coils with a bandswitch in my project.

73 & Good morning,
  Marv WC6W

*