[Amps] Plate transformer current unknown

Gary Schafer garyschafer at comcast.net
Tue May 3 11:45:41 EDT 2005

Hi Angelo,

.9 is about what you get with a choke input filter.
With a full wave bridge capacitor input the no load voltage will be
1.414 times. I usually use about 1.25 figure for loaded voltage when
figuring supply output voltage. It will of course vary depending on how
good the transformer is. But it gets you in the ball park.

For a doubler I figure around 2.5 times for loaded voltage.

73
Gary  K4FMX