[Amps] 3-500z

Joe Isabella n3ji at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 26 11:01:41 EDT 2005

Absolutely.  My Henry 3K-A is spec'ed at 2000W PEP Output right in the manual.  It has ~4000V unloaded (3750 or so loaded) on the plates.  With the fresh RF Parts ZGs, I got every bit of that with 100W drive.  The amp is specified up to 150W drive, which my new rig will do, but I haven't tested it yet.  I will this weekend and let you know (into a dummy load, of course).

Joe, N3JI

Jason Buchanan <jsb at digistar.com> wrote:
> if your Eimac tube outputs 1 KW or so, that should mean
> your good to go.

Ye cats - 1KW from a single 3-500Z?