[Amps] 1kw from single 3-500

Gene Bigham jbigham2 at kc.rr.com
Wed Oct 26 18:07:02 EDT 2005

I have Henry 2K Classic X floor console.  4KV in SSB mode (3KV CW mode) which drops on load to stiff 3800 volts (2800).  It will draw 800+ milliamps on plate current (or more) with 80-100 watt drive and is at least 60% efficient.  It has two 3-500 zg's that get a bit red in this mode and if really long winded will start going to orange.  There is a squirrel cage blower pressurizing the lower chassis.  I do not own a true wattmeter, rather have approximeters.  I have seen legal limit + into the dummy load under the above conditions.