[Amps] my little amp project of many hours..maybe 50% done

Peter Voelpel df3kv at t-online.de
Wed Jan 4 12:01:39 EST 2006

Hi Chuck,

I think your anode voltage will be a bit high.
The GU84B is a medium voltage, high current tube
and normally sees 2,2KV.
With the high impedance at 4KV you will run into
trouble on 10m as the bandswitch is a bit far away
and the minimum capacity of that tuning capacitor
will be not low enough for reasonable Q on that band.
If the ht-transformer has a center-tap I would go for
half the anode voltage

73
Peter

Von: "Partain, Chuck" <Chuck_Partain at maxtor.com>

> I'd like to see, a nice clean 1500w without making it work too hard.
> with 3900 on the plate and Probably ~30w in 80-10 (will see)
>
> Have a long way to go  but needed to show a week long christmas vacation
with 30 hours or so
> of catching up over the years of thinking and playing around an hour or
two a week with it.
> a good investment in ferrite beads, tie wraps and cable guides should make
it look more presentable.

> thanks to all who contribute to this reflector, I've been
watching/reading.