[Amps] my little amp project of many hours..maybe 50% done

PA3DUV pa3duv at planet.nl
Fri Jan 6 09:40:46 EST 2006

Chuck,

The DX2sp from  Emtron uses a GU84B @ 2500 VDC on the plate. That unit puts
approx. 2000 watt.

My own Emtron DX4 with 2 x GU84B and 3000 VDCD on the plates (under load)
puts out approx. 6000 watt.
At that Vp the Ip is approx 3.5 A

The GU84B is a low Vp tetrode and has the advantage of a high filament
voltage.

Typical power gains achieved in my system are between 18-20 dB.

There are a number of  DX2sp owners on the yahoo Emtron forum who might be
able to give you some more operational and constructional details of that
single GU84B amplifier. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/emtrondx15/
Also pictures and circuit diagrams of the twin GU84B amp can be found in the
file and picture archives on that yahoo group.

Cheers, Dick
PA3DUV