[Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 37, Issue 46

Joe Musto joe at jtme.com
Fri Jan 13 14:17:16 EST 2006

Bill,

I just replaced my relay and discovered something interesting that you
should check.  On the pivot side of the relay, there is a screw.  If you
loosen the screw, you can adjust the angle of the moving contacts and also
adjust the centering between the N/C and N/O contacts.  My old relay was
skewed a bit but I didn't notice it until I had it removed.  The skewing
was causing one N/C contact to barely touch when the relay was not
energized.  This could have been part of my original problem.  So if
cleaning the contacts doesn't help, check the adjustment of the
contacts.  You will have to remove the relay to get at it unfortunately but
you may not have to unsolder all the wires.

Joe - N1FCJ