[Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 37, Issue 46

Phil Clements philc at texascellnet.com
Fri Jan 13 16:04:14 EST 2006

> >Burnishing contacts with a business card, or any paper, can make matters
> >worse! In most cases you will leave a film of containments on the
> contacts
> >which will act as insulation. If you can't find a burnishing tool, buy
> some
> >crocus cloth (it's finer than emery cloth).

General Cement makes a very fine product for burnishing contacts. It is
their contact burnishing tool kit; cat. #9339. You get a nice burnishing
tool, and a bottle of solvent/cleaner. This kit should last the average ham
a lifetime. I am a pipe smoker, and am constantly having to burnish the
contacts on my Vibroplex key. It is great for open frame relays, and any
contacts that you can get the tool into.

(((73)))
Phil Clements, K5PC