[Amps] PIN diode mods

Jan Erik Holm sm2ekm at telia.com
Wed Jul 26 03:40:07 EDT 2006

On my FT-1000D I can measure a substantial difference
replaceing the stock 1SS83 diodes with BA479 diodes.

Sure I do agree with a lot of your reasoning below
however I do think you are generalizing far too much.

If voodoo sience both me and Yaesu enineers are subject
to it, Yaseu has assigned a service bulletin on the
subject,  however being a enineer myself I must beleive
in my own measurements.

Sometimes we find a workaround to the specific problem
instead of attacking the problem itself, the workaround
might be easier to do, this with current thru diodes
and carrier liftime in mind.

73 Jim SM2EKM

PS: And no "I´m not using one generator", I do know how
to measure IMDDR3.