[Amps] testing 572 B tubes

noddie noddie at comcast.net
Sat Mar 4 14:20:30 EST 2006

Hi Alan,

I have the same amp and the same problem; I am very interested following
this thread.  Please email me if somebody gives you the fix off for this
problem off this group.

I also changed the RF choke with RF parts type (same as Ameritron but 25
bucks). I also changed the bypass cap to no avail.

Thanks, Mike K6BR at arrl.net

> In "Ham Radio Magazine"April 1978 there was an article titled  "Testing
> Power Tubes"
> by Joe Carr K4IPV (SK). It covered the basics in transmitting tube
> testing and evaluation.

CQ Magazine online store has a CD set for $59.95 --- HR Magazine 1977-1983.
Anyone have the CD?  Or the original magazine?

---

I forgot to mention, my AMP is a Clipperton L with 4 x 572 B's .... 400-600W
is about half of
the power I expected.

73 de alan

--