[Amps] Question: Ship Vacuum Variables at minimum or maximum?

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 15 08:43:29 PDT 2009

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 15:44:53 -0700, "James R Carr" <n7fcf at hctc.com>
wrote:

>The sure way to beat the united gorillas is to pack it like a fishing pole.
>A short length of pvc tubing of the right diameter with a couple of end cap
>caps fastened on with sheet metal screws. pad it well, and they can't crush
>it by running over it with a truck.

REPLY:

That is true, but vacuum variables are most easily damaged by impact,
not crushing. I had one which was sitting on its end on a table. While
working on something, I just barely bumped it and it fell over on its
side and that was enough to ruin it.  $250 bye-bye.

A word to the wise.

73, Bill W6WRT