[Amps] TL922 Power Plugs

Allan W Schlaugat reflectors at n9isn.com
Wed Oct 28 22:34:37 PDT 2009

I am trying to get a old Kenwood TL922 Amp up and running. It did not come
with a power plug (as per the manual) so I am trying to get one to work
with the amp. I have a 30A 240v 3 pole 4 wire outlet Type 14-30R for its
power source.
http://www.levitonproducts.com/catalog/model_278.htm?sid=090AD15A897F54032CDBFDA96D2A3B3A&pid=1208

The TL922 has 3 wires, a green ground and two 'hots' blue and brown (X &
Y). The odd man out is the 'white wire neutral' that is needed on the L
spade of the plug Type 14-30P.
http://www.levitonproducts.com/catalog/model_275-T.htm?sid=090AD15A897F54032CDBFDA96D2A3B3A&pid=1208

I am inclined to just forget about the white wire and stay with the green
ground. Any thoughts, suggestions or warnings?

Thanks

Al