[Amps] Reposting subject line, oops, there i go again

Roger sub1 at rogerhalstead.com
Sat Apr 3 19:39:28 PDT 2010

Changing the subject, if appropriate should be advisable and shows
respect as does trimming posts to the appropriate level. Changing it
because some one uses the digest mode and can not be bothered is showing
disrespect for the rest of the group. After all, the group charter
states and we are often asked to please use meaningful subject lines and
to not repost the digest.

Filters are easy to create and make life easier for the reader and
other's in the group. Yes it takes 20 or 30 seconds to set up each
filter, but over a year it saves hours. OTOH I receive about 100 (or
more) messages a day with 20 or so that require an answer. With close to
30 e-mail addresses and that much mail I find filters essential, not
just convenient. Of course with that much mail I no longer pay attention
to e-mails without subjects, or descriptive subject lines. I'd bet there
are many others on here that receive more mail than I do.

I set filters to send the messages to the appropriate group. IOW Each
reflector has it's own folder/directory. I have a separate directory for
friends and a couple of those even have their own directory.  If the
header has the groups/reflectors name in it then it gets sent to the
appropriate folder. I don't have to sort through days worth of messages
to sort out each one and if I want to hunt for a particular message it's
much easier to find.

73 and back to the regular subjects. It's time for this one to die.

Roger (K8RI)