[Amps] Liquid Cooling

Paul Christensen w9ac at arrl.net
Tue Apr 6 09:30:38 PDT 2010

Correction to my last post -- typical leakage current of the Alpha Seventy
is 200 uA @ 4KV.  I had to get up out of my hair and re-confirm the leakage
scale.  It's at 1 mA where the "high leakage" sensor engages.

One sensor is used to monitor both leakage current and low-water level.
When the leakage level is below 100 uA, the comparator circuit assumes that
the ultra-low leakage is the result of low water volume.  When the cooling
system is purged and new distilled H2O is added, I will see the "low level"
indicator engage, knowing that the system level is adequate.  After about
30-45 minutes, enough ionization occurs in about 1 pint of H2O to raise the
leakage current up to 200 uA, and there it stays for many months of
operating.

Paul, W9AC