[Amps] A few nice ones on Ebay

Donald Fox taurusshoguy at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 9 19:55:01 PDT 2010

Gentlemen:

It would be nice to think that we might hold ourselves to a littler higher standard such that we can appreciate where some of us came from.

I am not ashamed to admit that CB was my gateway to Amateur Radio. While there are many CB folks who are pretty non technical, there are also quite a few hams that don't know what an N connector is let alone how to install a PL-259.

I have seen some very well designed 11 meter SSB stations through the years that were run quite professionally with Amateur grade equipment that would be the envy of many a ham.

Those folks just liked/enjoyed where they were and did not care to upgrade. It was not a case where they were not capable by any means.

We build mono band amps. An 11 meter amplifier is a mono band amp.

In the same way that your neighbor the Doctor who drives BMW's is not a "commie pinko" as Archie Bunker would say just because he/she does not like what others do.

Kinda like the neighbor who figures a way to stuff that Hemi into the Mini. We might not consider it practical, and it is a crazy idea. That does not mean we can't appreciate the effort or fact that he/she got it done/