[Amps] HV toroid, ebay item # 370270095930

Dick Hanson dick at dkhanson.com
Thu Apr 22 11:23:13 PDT 2010

Howdy....
A week or so ago, someone posted that the above units were being sold on
eBay.
So, liking HV goodies, I checked it out.
Looked good, so ordered one.
It arrived today and pleased to say, seems a very good value.
With 240VAC on the primary, its putting out just a tad over 2KV.
I'm thinking it will produce a shade over 2800VDC, with just capacitor
equalizing resistor load after the bridge.
Should be about perfect for single 3 or 4 CX800 with full load of 5-600ma.

Anyhow, just a FWIW for anyone contemplating a power supply of this ilk.
73
Dick, K5AND