[Amps] How to clean tube fins

Dave White mausoptik at btinternet.com
Sun Apr 25 10:50:07 PDT 2010

No, Ron - after so many years she's used to my eccentricities by now.  The only time she really yelled at me was when she came home to find a dismantled transmission on the kitchen table (with small parts neatly labeled in china cups and bowls) and gunked-up brake components soaking in diesel in the sink....prior to going in the dishwasher

To be honest, it would never have crossed my mind to clean external anode tubes in the dishwasher, but it does sound a great idea!  I guess anything that impedes air flow and thus cooling would kill a tube faster than almost anything else.

Dave G0OIL