[Amps] What are the drawbacks of using a tube running relatively low voltage and high current?

Roger sub1 at rogerhalstead.com
Wed Jan 6 12:54:00 PST 2010

The Subject line pretty much says it all.
How does this negatively affect the components in a Pi-L network for say
160 through 10, 6 meters, or say a strip line on two?
I'd think the same parameters would be present in running a pair of
tubes in parallel.

How about input capacitance?  Given a tube with say over 100 pf input Vs
one with 20 pf. Then there is the out put and transfer capacitance.

I've built quite a few amps in the past, but all were either building a
design out of the handbook or a magazine, or a slight modification of
one. Now I'm starting from scratch and would like to be ready to start
bending metal when the tubes arrive.  I need to find a good cad program
that will work with Fedora LINUX, or Windows.  As long as it works on
one or the other is fine.

I used to teach a lot of this stuff, but it's been over 30 years.

73

Roger (K8RI)