[Amps] Re Henry 2KD2 Amplifier

JTB ô¿ô jerryjtb at verizon.net
Fri Jan 8 12:30:03 PST 2010

Welcome to drive by Ham Testing.

W0ZD

-----Original Message-----
From: amps-bounces at contesting.com [mailto:amps-bounces at contesting.com] On
Behalf Of Gary Smith
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2010 9:23 AM
To: amps at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Re Henry 2KD2 Amplifier

Yes.

Last night I came on a new one for me on 160 CW & there was one
person calling & the DX didn't hear him. After waiting maybe 10 tries
for this 1x2 to make contact I gave my call & some fatuous non IDing
ass immediately jumped in called me LID.

Nice & gentlemanly...

Gary
KA1J

> I have heard that 160 is the "Gentlemans Band" now for many years.
However, after
> getting back on 160 (after a 24 year hiatus), I must say it sounds
more like 20 Meters,
> especially when something "rare" shows up. Folks just keep calling,
on top of each
> other and don't hear the DX coming back.
>
> 73, Dick, W1KSZ
>
> > Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 03:33:01 +0000
> > From: N7KA at comcast.net
> > To: amps at contesting.com
> > Subject: Re: [Amps] Re Henry 2KD2 Amplifier
> >

> > Lets keep the 80-10M amps alive and working well. I want users
of those amps to use THEM as designed, on 80-10M.

> > You ask why?
> >

> > Many folks operate from small locations on 80-10M. Just imagine
all the 80-10 group getting on 160M with a 160-10M amp. I shudder at
the thought.

> > There is a use for many pieces of equipment in this hobby. Some
have 2M hand-helds and use them daily. I do not own or use one but I
encourage those who do own and use them to continue. Hey they are on
2M having fun leaving more room on HF.

> > I am an owner of a 80-10M amp, 3K-A, plus some 160-10M amps.
Which do I use? YUP!

> > Something to consider. Keep 160M the gentlemans band. Let the
2KD2 amps keep going on 80-10M.

> > Arne N7KA

uninformed