[Amps] which HV connector to use?

Phil Clements philc at texascellnet.com
Tue Jan 12 18:49:06 PST 2010

> The Millen has a known history of flashing to a metal mounting at 5Kv once
> they have absorbed sufficient moisture even in clean holes. I quit selling
> them due to failures and complaints.
>
> Carl
> KM1H

Amen, Carl. If one insists upon using the Millen red and blacks, I suggest
my method of punching a one and 1/4 inch round hole in the chassis, mounting
a 2 X 2 X 1/2 inch piece of Plexiglas behind the hole, and installing the
connector in the center of the round hole backed up by the Plexiglas. I have
used this successfully on 6 KV supplies with no problems. I would never use
the Millen connectors without the plastic backing at voltages over 3 KV.
There is a yellow Millen connector that absorbs moisture worse than the red
and black!

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC