[Amps] Henry 2KD input SWR

Donald Fox taurusshoguy at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 25 19:09:43 PST 2010

Not sure why posts have been either slow or not appearing at all today.

As one lister suggested, I substituted another coax jumper of a different length to rule out any issues there. No change.

Also removed bottom access panel, and swapped input 1365pc relay with the output relay. No change.

During this process, I did note that a few of the input circuit coils seem to be loose on their forms due to the glue aging and not holding their form properly.
I am considering replacing the pair of .01 disk caps that couple rf from the input relay to the cathodes.

Puzzling that all five bands input swr of 1.7 or higher. Makes me think the problem is a common issue to all bands.  Possibly a cap somewhere along the chain that has gotten leaky.

                                                        Don