[Amps] Ameritron (et. al.) filament voltages

k7fm k7fm at teleport.com
Fri Jan 29 16:38:37 PST 2010

> We have a local pilot who does runups the same way.  We all try not to
> get behind that plane when it's headed down the taxiway because we know
> we'll be sitting at the hold line for a very long time.

I would not even think of flying a helicopter until it warmed up the
prescribed time according to the operator handbook - which is virtually at
close to full power for a few minutes.  I want it to fail on the ramp - if
it is going to fail.  I do the same with my fixed wing aircraft.  The
amplifier is a bit different, though, since you can have the amplifier out
of resonance or unloaded.

I would not want to operate my fixed wing aircraft at full power without the
prop on.

73,  Colin  K7FM