[Amps] Ameritron (et. al.) filament voltages

Roger sub1 at rogerhalstead.com
Fri Jan 29 19:18:06 PST 2010

donroden at hiwaay.net wrote:
>> We have a local pilot who does runups the same way.  We all try not to
>> get behind that plane when it's headed down the taxiway because we know
>> we'll be sitting at the hold line for a very long time.
>>

> I've NEVER had an engine problem DUE to a long run-up.

You typically don't, but sitting there for 10 minutes, when it could
have been done in 2 or 3 can be...shall we say, a bit frustrating. <:-))
OTOH I have had problems due to having to wait too long for some one on
a very hot day with the wind blowing from behind.  That big engine
started to diesel.  A quick call to the tower, I was cleared to depart
immediately with my clearance to follow once in the air.
> I suspect the pilot of a Beech Duke that took off from Huntsville last week
> should have done a longer run-up.

I've done a quick runup on a cold day with every thing in the green and
then had the AI tumble about pattern height.  Sure was a good thing it
was VMC and not IMC. I saw the results of that happening to a Cessna
Citation which turned into a lawn dart.

73

Roger (K8RI)